Judo Futures Summer Camp 2018
Judo Futures Summer Camp
25 – 28 January 2018
We are excited to announce our Judo Futures Summer Camp scheduled for 25-28 January 2018 at the Australian Institute of Sport (AIS). This Camp is an opportunity for younger, aspiring athletes transitioning to cadet competitors in 2018 or 2019, to be exposed to a high performance training environment. It is also an opportunity for aspiring coaches to become involved in our national programs.
As a new concept this Camp demonstrates how the JFA is focused on developing new approaches for our athletes and their coaches to develop an elite performance mindset. This is a foundation requirement for athletes to be successful in judo on the Worlds Stage later in their career.
WHAT IS THE PURPOSE OF THIS CAMP?
The purpose of this camp is to introduce younger, aspiring athletes to the JFA High Performance program in a more engaging, educational but fun way. Athletes will leave with a greater understanding of what it takes to compete successfully in Judo and the stages that they will generally progress through to reach their goals.
WHAT DOES THE CAMP INCLUDE?
The camp program will include:
- Judo training sessions teaching important skills for competitive judo;
- Fun and games to improve physical abilities, on and off the Judo mat;
- Education about the elements that contribute towards becoming a successful judo athlete including goal setting, and performing at your best;
- Education about how to successfully transition from a senior girl/boy to a cadet athlete;
- Introduction to the JFA High Performance program and what younger athletes need to know;
- Hearing from successful athletes who competed at the Worlds Stage;
- Tour of the Australian Institute of Sport.
HOW DO YOU GET INVOLVED?
We do have limited numbers for Athletes to attend this camp, so please complete an Expression of Interest Form for Athletes as soon as possible. Alternatively, if you are a coach please complete the Expression of Interest Form for Coaches.